Friday, January 14, 2011

Pitt River Dikes

Last Saturday we took a walk along Pitt River dikes starting at Mountainview Kennels. It was a beautiful sunny winter day too great to be wasted spending inside. Pitt River is a tidal river undecided weather to contribute to the Fraser River or not. It sort of changes the flow with the tides. I find that fascinating. Even more fascinating is the fact that in my 15 years in Vancouver never ever I heard anyone mentioning it! C'mon people! It's a rarity! It's unique, it makes us special on the world's nature map! Call me crazy, I still can't get over it. The river feeds into the Pitt Lake, one of only two fresh water tidal lakes in the World! On top of that, the walk gives an awesome oportunity to enjoy the Golden Ears Mountain, my favorite around here. Its majestic nature is most prominent at sunset when it begins to glow in shades of gold! This was the first time when I learnt that each peak has a special name...

We started our walk along a narrow branch of the river. The fact that the trees were naked uncovered a unique face of this area.

I like peopleless roads, pathways, dikes...

One has to pay close attention to discover all the colours that are there in a seamingly colourless surrounding... And there is so many...

The peaks are gently brushed with a touch of snow...

I don't know for sure if this was particular to BC or the fact that I'm older and more observant, but there is something about the textures of the branches and grass in BC that keeps fascinating me over and over again...

Subtle shades of passion...

Sustained power of ages...

Somewhere out there far away is the Mount Baker... Yet to be visited on my list...

Boat parkade...

More subtle shades of beauty...

Eternal peace for you...

1 comment: