Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Led Je Krenuo (The Ice is drifting down the river) rehearsal

MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE PLAYER ON THE RIGHT!
ISKLJUCI PLAYER NA DESNOJ STRANI!



I was just fooling around with my new electric guitar and effects POD, and at the same time practicing so this is what came up. This is an old song from Biljana Petrovic from her album "Rock and Roll Dama" made in 1978... One of my favorites of course... I hope some people will remember it..
Here are the original lyrics:

I led je krenuo (by Biljana Petrovic)

I led, led je krenuo niz reku
a ptice jos nisu stigle
Jos uvek suze mi teku
I seta u dusi vlada

I led, led je krenuo niz reku
A proleca jos nema
Nema ni sunca na nebu
Jos se magle nisu digle

Proleca nece ni biti
Dok se ne vratis meni
Ni sunca ni cveca ni ptica nema
jer ih sve cuvas ti.....



Here is my lose translation in English:

The ice is drifting down the river

The ice is drifitng down the river
The birds have not arrived yet
I still have tears in my eyes
And melancholy is hiding in my soul

The ice is drifting down the river
The spring is not arriving yet
There is no sun on the sky
The fog is still not rising

I know the spring will not arrive
unless you come back to me
because the Sun, the flowers, and the birds
They all reside with you now...

ZOOM Handy Video Recorder

Buy "You and I 20 years later" on iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/beautiluf-wodrl/id361313...

Buy Serbian version of the album on iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ti-i-ja-dvadeset-godina-...

Buy instrumentations album on iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/you-and-i-instrumentatio...

No comments:

Post a Comment